Former VP Pence: Trump should apologize for dinner with antisemite Nick Fuentes
President Trump’s top adviser is calling on the White House to apologize for the dinner the U.S. vice president recently took with Nick Fuentes, an antisemite and Holocaust denier.
In an angry, Twitter post on Tuesday, Kellyanne Conway wrote:
“When you’re running for president, if you’re going to have dinner with antisemites, you don’t get to keep your position in the national-security discussion. Nick Fuentes is a bigot. There’s no question about that. And just because he’s a bigot doesn’t make him immune from criticism. He and his supporters have a right to their opinions. The president of the United States should apologize to Fuentes.”
Conway’s tirade is the latest sign that Trump is getting increasingly angry and is less and less willing to listen to his aides as he tries to move his agenda forward. He has refused to release his tax returns, refused to apologize to George H.W. Bush in 2006 after the former president called him a “moron,” and even said he might not go to the funerals of Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush.
Trump’s top advisers are increasingly alarmed about his lack of a strategic plan and are increasingly frustrated with the lack of progress in the White House. In an extraordinary phone call last week with one of his Cabinet officials, Trump told James Mattis, the former general who had just resigned as defense secretary, to resign. He also sent a series of angry tweets about former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson just two days after Tillerson criticized Trump in a series of television interviews.
“The president is like a child with a box of LEGO bricks trying to figure out if they can get it to go in any direction,” Kellyanne Conway told reporters on Tuesday. “This is the first time in his presidency that he